Toitū te Waiora has completed its initial public consultation for the review of New Zealand Diploma in Health Science (Level 5) [Ref:3510] and 3511 New Zealand Diploma in Holistic Nutrition (Level 6) [Ref 3511].
We welcome all feedback on the reviewed qualifications. Please email us at [email protected] by close of business on Friday 16th June 2023.
Consultation was undertaken with a range of interested parties between December 2022 and May 2023.
Toitū te Waiora published its intention to review two qualifications on November 28, 2022. All Tertiary Education Organisations (‘TEO’) who currently assist learners in gaining the qualifications, and a range of other interested parties, were invited to complete a survey. We received 15 responses.
A total of 18 online hui were subsequently undertaken with industry associations, TEO, and subject matter experts. An Advisory Group was set up to support the reviews, and to offer TTW advice on developments in the sector on an ongoing basis.
Having completed its initial public consultation, Toitū te Waiora is making the following recommendations:
Proposed changes to the qualifications:
· New Zealand Diploma in Health Science (Level 5) [Ref:3510]
1. To view the proposed changes, click here.
2. To view the full draft amended Qualification Document click here
3. To view the Guidance Notes click here.
3. To view the current qualification document on the NZQA website, click here.
Proposed key changes:
1. Strategic purpose statement
To provide better clarity to who and what the graduates will be and their scope of practice as advisors within the community.
2. Graduate Profiles Outcomes
All four updated to align with changes made to the strategic purpose statement.
3. Employment/Cultural/Community Pathway
Updated to capture currency of potential employment pathways.
4. Other requirements for the qualification
Legislation references updated.
5. General conditions for programme
Updated to include multiculturism, enabling good lives principles and ethical practice.
6. Development of a supporting guidance document for programme developers.
Created to provide support to any TEO developing a programme leading to the qualification.
· New Zealand Diploma in Holistic Nutrition (Level 6) [Ref:3511]
2. To view full draft amended Qualification Document, click here.
3. To view the current qualification document (NZQF), click here.
Proposed key changes.
This qualification has seen no usage since it was listed in 2016. However, one TEO has recently shown an interest in delivering a programme leading to the qualification. In discussion with the TEO, we have agreed it would be useful to allow intakes and then revisit a review of the qualification in 2028. Therefore, Toitū te Waiora only intend to make cosmetic changes to this qualification by updating the NZQA qualification template.